Jaques & Cousteau’s
The following tips are for informational purposes only.
You may want to try to use the advice on this page
to solve your problem before calling a repairman.
If the suggestion does not fix your problem, give us a call!
Dryer takes too long to dry
* Check your vent hose for possible blockage.
Ice Maker making hollow cubes or slivers
* Check water supply for lime buildup.
Electric Dryer not heating
* Check both fuses. The dryer may run but
not heat with only one good fuse.
Gas range not working properly
* Call for professional service, gas can be
VERY dangerous to work with.
Poor wash quality in dishwasher
* Rearrange dishes.
* Turn up the temperature on the water heater,
the soap will not react to cool water.
* Make sure you are using powder soap,
liquid soap does not clean as well as powder.
Water collects inside bottom of refrigerator
* Make sure your door seals are intact.
* Thaw your refrigerator out for a day, and then
clean out the drain from the freezer .
Air conditioner not cooling.
* Check that your filter is clean. If not, clean or replace it.
Refrigerator not cooling well
* Have you cleaned your condenser coils recently? The hot
coils underneath are necessary for dissipation of heat.